The Kingfisher Trail is more accessible than ever. You can choose from rail, road, ferry or air.
Carrick-on-Shannon Railway Station is the start point on the Southern Section of the trail. It is served by Dublin Connolly Station.
For more information check with Irish Rail www.irishrail.ie or tel: +353 1 836 6222.
Connections are available from Bus Eireann and UlsterBus, Enniskillen and Carrick-on-Shannon offers most frequent services. Check out…
Ferry Services from all major ports are available from the following Web sites…
The Trail is served by a number of airports including…
- Knock @ 40 miles from Carrick-on-Shannon www.knockairport.com
- Belfast @ 70 miles from Enniskillen www.belfastairport.com
- Dublin @ 100 miles from Carrick-on-Shannon www.dublinairport.com
For more information on air access to the region check out the following airlines…
What to Bring on Your Trip
- Comfortable clothing for cycling
- Casual clothes
- Waterproofs — it’s so green here because it rains!
- Clothing for any other activities you are planning
- Sun hat and sun cream
- Flask or bottle
- Personal first aid kit
- Camera and spare film
- Money — you will need Sterling and Euro currencies; there are ATMs in Enniskillen, Carrick-on-Shannon, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Kesh, Belleek, Clones and Belturbet